Monday, January 25, 2016

If You're Cold, Let Me "Warm" You Up!

If you've been cold and buried in snow this week, let me "warm" you up with a little bit from my book, "WARM Chocolate". If you've read the book, you know that I like to use drawings and real photos in my pictures. In one scene, the main character Marvin is sharing a cup of "warm chocolate" with his mother in their living room. 
 
 As you can see, there are lovely wall hangings, a lamp, and a cute little couch in the illustration. What you probably don't know is that the couch in the illustration is actually a real picture of my family's living room couch, and it is also really a sectional (see picture below). By using my computer "ninja" skills, I was able to hack off the end of the sectional, cut around it, double it, and paste it together to make it look like one sweet little couch.

I was also going to cut out my daughter's blue coat, but I thought it was a good winter coat for Marvin so I left it in the illustration. Living rooms are a great place to hang out with family. Whether it's watching a movie, chatting about our day, or just sipp'n on "warm" chocolate, we love chill'n as family on that big black couch! Hopefully you like to hang out on your cool couch with your family too!



  



No comments:

Post a Comment