Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A behind the scenes look at my book PLAY.


    In my kids' book PLAY, Jack and Zoey go on a WILD  imaginary adventure. They transform into fish, visit a mysterious jungle island, and whoosh through space on a comet horse. One of the things I LOVE to do in my illustrations is use both drawings and real life photos.  And because I'm a newbie to the whole drawing thing, I will often use real photos as a guide for my drawings. For example, here is the real life photo I used to help me draw the comet horses in the book. This particular horse is one my father-in laws' Foxtrotter horses-what a beauty! Foxtrotter horses have a special head bop and prance! They are beautiful horses and epsecially fun to watch (To learn more about Foxtrotter horse breeds, click here).


Here is a photo I used  as a background for the jungle scene. This waterfall was taken at Multnomah Falls, Oregon. We visited this  exotic place back in 2011 as a part of family vacation. The waterfall was absolutely breathtaking to see in real life.  I thought it made an excellent jungle background-what do you think?? (see the waterfall behind them-that's it!).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment